- Dr. M.Veerappa Moily – Minister of Law and Justice looking to overhaul Indian legal education system to bring it in-tune with needs of the current socio-economic scenario.
- His consultation with multiple groups and universities yielded the following recommendations –
- 4 national level institutions called Institutes of Advanced Legal Studies and Research to be established as Centres of Excellence – with the objective of research and up-gradation of faculty skills.
- They will be focused on research and up-gradation of faculty skills.
- A National Law University to be established in every State as a school of excellence.
- An Empowered Committee to evaluate existing 913 law schools and upgrade them where necessary.
- Public-private participation model for law schools with specialized focus is to be encouraged.
- Autonomous colleges meeting demanding accreditation standards to be encouraged.
Source: Frontier India